Saturday, July 5, 2014

School Chale Hum..


               The grand new adventure of my son started last week. Ok, it’s still a kindergarten, but I was super excited and also had a huge fear if Aayan (my son) would be able to adjust with new kids or not. But I was relieved by the thought that I was going to stay with him. Yes, one parent is allowed in his play school until he joins the preschool at 2 and half years. So still three months to go till I cry myself out, leaving him in school alone to learn and explore new things.



               As I had taken late admission for Aayan in Play school (yes, I was late because here in Holland as soon as the kids are 1 year old or less they are already been registered at school) So, I was still in a long waiting list and was pretty sure we won’t get a batch till next month or a month after that. So when I got an invite to join within a week I was happy. And then began the shopping for school bag, water bottle, tiffin box, clothes etc. When I was finished with the shopping I was relaxed (was I??). 

               And omg the big day arrived. I was so tensed that I could not sleep the whole night. I was definitely more tensed than my 10th and 12th result day. So, rather than just turning sides on my bed, I got up at 5am and started to get ready. After preparing the breakfast I went to wake up Aayan at 7am. He was looking so adorable. I kept looking at him with teary eyes of joy and love just the way I saw him for the first time he was born. 

baby Aayan 

               It felt as if only yesterday he was born and today he was going to play school. Oh Crap SCHOOL!! Wake up Aayan we are going to meet new friends!!!  In 5 minutes he and his dad were out of bed. But making him ready was another story. He wanted to see his favorite animated series of Twinkle, twinkle little star rhyme, but I wanted him to bath first and obviously he won!! Finally I got him ready. As I saw him put on his school bag I remembered all the lovely milestones he had achieved . The day he turned, crawled, started to walk, babble, said ‘Mama’ and so many things. Meanwhile called me and held my hand and took me to the door so as to remind me to take him out.

Aayan ready for school


                 As we reached his school some kids were already there. His school is a Dutch school named ‘Kleine Prins’ which means ‘Little Prince’. Aayan waved them ‘Hi’ and ran to play with them. OMG wow, did he just leave me and went to play alone with the other kids. I could recall the moments when Aayan used to cling around me when we had get-together’s with my friends and their kids. It took him more than 5-6 meetings to get used to the kids.

A happy moment of me and Aayan

              I liked his play school. It had many toys, books, good teachers, a big playground and limited kids (max 10 in one batch). I don’t know how current play schools are in India, but the activities here give kids exposure to everything. So first they give time for kids to settle down and play with the toys and other kids. The mama’s can look after the kids and discuss things with one another. Then after some time the kids sit together and sing nursery rhymes along with the teacher. Then comes the craft and coloring time. All kids and mama’s are given pictures to color and make different things out of it. After that all kids should wash hands for the snacks. Snacks are mainly different types of fruits and cookies, which they share with each other. Then comes the outdoor time. Kids are given chalks to draw on the playground and also time to play and run.

Aayan's enthusiastic dad taking pics

The pencil holder we made at school
Some of Aayan's friends
Aayan drawing on playground
Aayan with me

Kleine Prins is part of this main school 

              Currently his school is only for 2 hours, but the kids do not get bored because of so many activities. When it was time to go home Aayan wanted to stay there. He was in no mood to go home. Aayan who like any other kid of his age cannot stay at one place for a long time wanted to stay there. Somehow I convinced him to take him to a park and then only he agreed. And this is how the first day of play school ended happily for Aayan and me as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments are valuable for me. Please comment as it will help me in my learning process.
-Amruta