Thursday, November 24, 2011

If I had two extra hours in a day, I would...


                Life has become so fast and so hectic. We all are struck in between office - home -office. There is no time for friends, family, no social life and no personal life. After returning from a long day's work we just sit on the couch in front of the TV, have dinner and go to bed. Again next day the same routine starts. We don't even chat with family members. Are we so exhausted that we can't even sit for 10 minutes with our family?

                I am a live example of the above. Not that I am happy with the same or that I have chosen it.  Me and my spouse both work in MNC. I am working in general shift and he is in second shift. That means we get a very small amount of time to spend with each other. When he returns home late we just have our dinner, watch TV for some time and go to bed. There is no time left for us to spend together. If I had extra 2 hrs in a day I really would like to spend a quality time with him. Chatting, sharing our daily good and bad experiences, cracking jokes and most of all experiencing the happiness by being really close to him not just by his presence.

                We would also get time to spend with our to-be-born child (as I am expecting). We can discuss about our baby's growth, plan things that we would do together when our baby arrives. We can read books together and tell stories to our baby and teach good things (like Abhimanyu learnt in his mother's womb :) ) and tell the baby how much we love him and how eager we are to receive him. We can just get excited to predict whether it’s a baby boy or a girl. Discuss things that will happen when we will see our child for the first time, all the things that will happen for the first time, our child's first word, his first step!! And how we will be cherishing these wonderful moments.  Just imagining about all these things are making me feel so good.

                So that's the answer for all the extra time I will get. Family should always be first and all my time will be for the two most important people in my life my hubby and my unborn baby. Off course I will try to take out time from the current schedule too as all the above things will just create a healthy relationship between us.

5 comments:

  1. nice read..family indeed deserves attention....here s my take - http://zradar.wordpress.com/2011/11/17/we-learn-with-time-and-burn-the-same/ let me know what u think

    ReplyDelete
  2. An expecting mother... wow that must be a beautiful feeling isn't it? And to read a post, as fresh and sweet as this, is really something which makes me happy
    All the best dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah thats a tough job balancing job and home..

    I salute working women

    www.readitt.in - the e magazine -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really very sweet....an expecting mother....all the best

    ReplyDelete
  5. @All : Thanks a lot for liking the post. :)

    @zaira : yes family should always be first.

    @Anukriti : Yes carrying a baby is a very beautiful feeling. M jst waiting for d big date :)

    @readitt : thanks. Hope u liked my posts.

    @Seema : Thanks a lot :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading my post. Your comments are valuable for me. Please comment as it will help me in my learning process.
-Amruta